Sunday 25 August 2013

Good lordy Gourdy!

I escaped my work for a couple of hours today to visit the wonderful Raveningham Hall Gardens, with my Mum little fella and my hubby.  I think this is one of my favourite places to go on a late summers day.  It is only a few minutes drive from where we live and well worth a visit, check out the website as i believe it only opens certain days from september onwards.  It was open today as it is a bank holiday, and had the added bonus of a tea room in operation(it has been closed other times we have visisted).  So we sampled a few of their wares.
The main pull for us is the magnificent walled vegetable garden which is always immaculate and a constant source of envy and inspiration, especially for my other half who is usually busy in the garden over summer(our building works have halted most of our veg this year, and our greenhouse has been storing a bathroom suite so no room for tomatoes).  They had some marvellous gourds and squashes growing up frames between the fruit trees;



The other speciality of the place are the large swathes of Agapanthus which are in bloom at the moment, they seem to have every shade of purple through to pure white growing there, and as our own single plant hasn't managed one flower spike this year it was lovely to see so many together.
I have lots more lovely photos to show you of my brief time off sewing duty, but my laptop has gone weird and won't let me post them, obviousley someone is sending me a message to get on with some work, so bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're having some time off amidst all the work - the rule is that you're not allowed to have a nice, steady manageable flow of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes you are soo right. love your stitcheries by the way!

      Delete
  2. Is that some lovely cake I see before me....
    I do like neat rows of vegetables don't you

    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes love a bit of homemade cake, especially when made in someone elses home! The neat rows really appeal to my engineer hubby, he loves a straight line! Catx

      Delete