Sunday 4 August 2013

I am very lucky this week to be enjoying the company of a few members of my family.  This is a tremendous treat as they live over 5 hours away, and we don't get to see enough of each other.  I miss them all immensley, and wish my little one could see his "big Cousin" much more. They are both growing up at an alarmimg rate, mine is leaving toddlerhood and my nephew is turning into a young man.  Little man loves his cousin and vice versa despite the big age gap! 
Today we visited Dunwich, a pretty coastal village, of which a great portion disappeared  into the sea in the 1?th centuary. 

  We went for  a walk around the abbey ruins and a mooch about the church, we were impressed by mobile lawnmowers they had in the churchyard


 The lone tame sheep keeping the grass down in the churchyard.













2 comments:

  1. Do you know other than the beach we've never explored Dunwich, you've intrigued me now so we might have to head over there very soon.
    About the sewing book I just bought, you'd love it and probably whip things up in no time. I'm miffed I have work this week as I have my head fixed on making a floral coat. Mind you if you're up to your eyes in green stuff you feel pretty much the same. Both have to remind ourselves of the pennies we're earning I guess. Oh and the cloth, I got it in the sewing machine shop in Beccles. I thought it had a Liberty look about it, but not the price.
    See you soon I hope.
    Lisa X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunwich is definitley worth a visit, there is a nice tearoom/nursery at the edge of the village with pretty gardens to sit in, or the pub or of course the great chippy on the beach. Thought the cloth looked liberty-eque. yep am reminding myself how we need the pennies! Catx

      Delete