Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

No flowers and chocolates in this house on the 14th of February.  Instead I made some soppy cakes for my other half , assisted by my little man his alphabet cutters and a splash too much of red food dye ( they say" Love you S", not" Love Yous" as my hubby read it).  I reached a new high receiving two cards, but one is from my son so shouldn't really count, and the other from my hubby so that is cheating too.  My Valentines surprises have ranged widely over the years, from a lava lamp to a pair of socks, but this year cupid brought me...........a vintage bread bin, in very Valentinesque colours of red and white.

It even has its original label( I don't think its been washed much), I'm going to use it for general storage.

It goes lovely with my hinged lid flour bin that he gave me for Christmas,  I think we are going to have to open a general store  as he also bought himself a set of scales not unlike those found in Arkwrights corner shop.


















No comments:

Post a Comment