Tuesday 15 January 2013

New Years Resolutions
I don't usually make any resolutions as i am terrible at keeping them, but i opened my big mouth in front of a good friend that i was going to conquer my fear of the wooly craft.  I love to crochet but knitting is something which i have never really got to grips with.  I've done the wonky unfinished scarf, always after someone else has cast on for me, and never ever attempted an actual pattern.  So my kind friend bought me this great book and a lovely pair of wooden needles, and i really have no excuse now..... So after watching a few tutorials on you tube, i have managed to cast on and knit a few rows, i have to admit i am enjoying it, and i think i'm hooked or should that be needled!  Will keep you posted as to whether i manage to cast off or learn to purl, or figure out what to do with the circular needle she also gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment