Wednesday 31 October 2012




A few finished and unfinished bits and pieces.  I learnt to crochet 2 years ago from an excellent teacher
in the shape of my sister.  I was craving an easily portable craft to do in the evenings when my little one was in bed.  As a seamstress by trade i really missed the creative buzz, but couldn't face getting out all the paraphenalia it entails or making a loud noise whilst my baba slumbered, so crochet seemed like the perfect answer.  It also gave me an excuse to buy lots of lovely yarn, as i have failed spectacularly with attempts to learn to knit in the past (i must be missing some essential gene).  We are very lucky to have a well stocked and very friendly staffed wool shop in our town, as well as two haberdashers so i don't have to travel far for supplies.  My sister pointed me towards an excellent blog called Attic 24, written by a very talented crocheter called Lucy.  The fact that she manages to create lovely things whilst running a home and looking after her three children made me realise that i could at least fit a few bits into my spare time and a lot of my projects are things that she has made(she gives really clear non confusing tutorials).  So the strange stripey wreath is a version of her may wreath, it still has the flowers to go on but I am loving the effect already and can see i am going to have to buy more polystyrene rings! The crochet garland is a very simple idea three of which  i have made to sell in Vintage Mischief, but i have kept this one for myself, don't seem to be able to get a decent photo of it, sorry.  The granny stripe blanket is destined for our new room when its finished (the blanket and the room), its taking a while but lovely to do when my brain is frazzled after a long day. Anyway have to go now as the blanket is beckoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment